Formed in 2004, Kirkbarrow Residents’ Association (KRA) serves a catchment area of over 800 dwellings within the boundaries of Glebe Road, Anchorite Place, Cross Lane, Greengate Lane, Barn Holme, Vicars Fields and Vicars Walk.
Our aims are to:
- Promote the interests of residents in the area;
- Promote social activities for all members of the community;
- Promote residents’ rights;
- Promote the maintenance and improvement of housing conditions, amenities and the environment;
- Uphold equal opportunities in accord with the “Equality Policy for South Lakes Housing Tenants’ Committee & Residents’ Associations October 2012” and work for good relations amongst all members of the community;
- Uphold the Association’s Child Protection & Safeguarding Policy & Procedures when working with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
To achieve its aims and progress ongoing and new issues, KRA holds 6 meetings a year – 5 Committee and 1 Annual General, which are open to all residents, in Ghyllside School’s Neighbourhood Centre.
NEW COMMITTEE MEMBERS ARE ALWAYS NEEDED AND WELCOME So, if you’re living in our catchment area and are interested in helping, please come along to our next meeting, or use our contact details to get in touch. We’d particularly like to hear from both our younger and minority residents.